Transparency for tenants
Once you’ve found the perfect property and your offer has been accepted, we’ll start preparing the tenancy agreement and organising the logistics for your move-in day. The tenancy charges may vary, depending on the agreement we have with the landlord, so it’s best to ask the Lineas office dealing with your offer for a full break down of costs.
That said, we don’t want you to have any unwelcome surprises when it comes to signing the contract, so here’s a list of what you can typically expect to pay:
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Lineas ‘the Agent’)
* Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
* Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent. You can calculate the total weekly rent using one of the following formula: (your monthly rent x 12) ÷ 52
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
* Payment of £50 if you want to change the tenancy agreement
* Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate
* Payment of £50 for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
* Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
* Utilities – gas, electricity, water
* Communications – telephone and broadband
* Installation of cable/satellite
* Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
* Television licence
* Council Tax
Other permitted payments
* Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Lineas is a member of the THE PRS which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly. https://www.theprs.co.uk/